Author Topic: OKC - PTD Magazine FRAG FEST (PC/H3/SSBB/SC4) - August 29th/30th  (Read 22272 times)

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I'm the best, but you're cool too.
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
Hey guys!  PTD Magazine is hosting the August Frag Fest, and we've opened up "Spawn Camper" registration so our early birds can save 4 bucks off the price of admission at the door.  Tickets are 10 dollars in advance and 14 dollars at the door.  Admission tickets get you into the entire event -- there are no additional cost to participate in the tournaments.

This month we're including a couple console tournaments, as well as the usual PC gaming that we ran last month.  Console tourny's start at 8PM and will run till all the losers are whipped.  The Frag Fest is a great warm up for the HxC Tournament the next day, and we'd love to meet our readers in the OKC area.

Up on the board we have H3 on the 360 boxes at 8:00pm and SSBB on the Nintendo Wii's at 8:00pm as well.  Soul Calibur 4 should start around then as well.  The PC gamers will have tournaments starting at 12pm, and we'd love to hear what you would like to play.

The Frag Fest is being held at the CE Page building at Wiley Post Airport.

All tournaments will have a cash prize, so make sure you bring your A game if you're wanting to compete.  We've got a metric crap-ton of pro gamers in this city, so come out and school or be school.  We guarantee a great time either way.

We'll have concessions (everything's a buck!), plenty of power and sweet, sweet A/C.  All we need is you.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:20:19 pm by X_A »
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

DarkWraith56

Re: OKC - PTD Magazine FRAG FEST - August 29th/30th
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:20 am »
hope i can make this one i cant make any promises though

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:33:43 pm »
Ok what are the rules for the H3, Like What map, Whats kinda settings like Mlg V5?
Is it FFA Or 4v4 Or both?
If i cant bring my stuff will there be supplies?
How much money do we get for the Halo tourny?
And will a 18 Inch Tv be Fine?

And you might as well just answer any other questions You can think of, Ill probaly ask you later..

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:05:29 am »
If you guys need my help I can bring a couple of systems and Halo 3!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: OKC - PTD Magazine FRAG FEST (PC/H3/SSBB/SC4) - August 29th/30th
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 08:34:28 pm »

Edited per updates discussed.  Soul Calibur 4 has been added!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:32:23 pm »
Hey guys, I'll update the forum tomorrow after I get a chance to run a few things by my compatriots.  We've got some killer update to make, though, so make sure you swing back in tomorrow and check them out.
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 10:35:14 pm »
Hey guys, I'll update the forum tomorrow after I get a chance to run a few things by my compatriots.  We've got some killer update to make, though, so make sure you swing back in tomorrow and check them out.

Nice! Sounds intriguing

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:37:59 am »
Alright people, here's the deal.  We're adding a couple things to this months FRAG FEST that we think you might all enjoy.  We'll have more details on Tuesday of this coming week, but suffice to say that you'll want to come and bring a friend.

1.) Who wants to be on TV?

We're working with a Tulsa video production company this month to provide the VOOM network with some video of a LAN party.  The show they're working on is called Powered ON and will be a series of 3 documentary-style television shows ran on their HD network.  The LAN party they're using is the FRAG FEST, and the gamers that have a chance to be on national television are YOU.

2.) Who wants to be a Pro Gamer?

We'll be announcing the details our the PTD Pro Gaming Team that we'll begin scouting for at the next FRAG FEST.  If you're looking for a chance to break into the pro-gaming circuit, we're the sponsors that you need to help get it done.  We'll have more information at the show and will be speaking with each hopeful that attends the event.  Come on out and bring your A game.

3.) Who want's to come for (mostly) free?

We're opening up this event for free to registered users of PTD Magazine and OKGAMERS.  If you've not registered for free on our forums, now would be a great opportunity to do so.  Both members can bring a printout showing them logged into either site to receive free admission to this special-edition of the FRAG FEST.  You can also use the registration code 'OKGAMERS' to register in advance and skip the printout. We'll only be charging 5.00 for non-members at the door, so encourage your friends to sign-up for free or spot them a fiver at the door.

We're excited about sponsoring an OK-based Pro-game team this year, and look forward to seeing whom among you is ready to step up to the big-leagues.  We (and the VOOM TV Network) will see you all on Friday!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:47:25 am by loriencfau »

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 01:29:03 pm »
Im All Registered..   I Saw 2142 and UT3 is that gonna happen or ya just getting the feel for what we play?   Man I used to burn it up in 2142.  Had our own server. Love'd it!   Im seriously considering going ahead and loading up my big heavy pc.  Weights a ton. Whats missing on that list is Quake Arena.

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 02:13:14 pm »
We'll play whatever people are pumped to play, the console shut is a lock, but the PC gaming has quite a bit of play.  We'll definitely be getting some Q3A on, though.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 02:35:50 pm »
We'll play whatever people are pumped to play, the console shut is a lock, but the PC gaming has quite a bit of play.  We'll definitely be getting some Q3A on, though.

This is awesome.. I will be there to support on Friday but 30th you already know where I will be. Hey tried to call you call me back 370-8381.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 03:24:30 pm »

Sweet I havent played in Years.  I need to go buy a new copy as Mine Ruined over the years.   But im all for some

UT3
BF2142
Q3A

I will contact my old Q3A clan and see if they want to come. I dunno though Most my old clan have kids and married off now so its hard for them to get away. I think im about the only one left with out kids.  But I will be Bringing my Cousin and his friend I think.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 06:54:32 pm »

OKgamers STAFF - check the staff forum for important info on this.

Fury - you can see that thread in the staff forum for more on me :)

SC4 - we are looking to get at least 2 copies for 360 down there, anyone else in the OKC area / going that can help, we'll take all the help we can :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 07:21:58 pm »

This is awesome.. I will be there to support on Friday but 30th you already know where I will be. Hey tried to call you call me back 370-8381.

Will do, man.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

OKgamers STAFF - check the staff forum for important info on this.

Fury - you can see that thread in the staff forum for more on me :)

SC4 - we are looking to get at least 2 copies for 360 down there, anyone else in the OKC area / going that can help, we'll take all the help we can :)

X A

XA I didnt plan on bringing equipment but if yall need me shoot me a holla.
HxC LAN Center